Saturday, August 7, 2010

Erosive Gastritis Nuts

people so '

some years now live, for rent, in an ancient palace. The nobility of this property is visible at the entrance where a huge eagle, I believe in plaster, dominating inside, the door and a stained glass window, placed in front of it, limits access to what in times past would have been a garden, but today is the storage of bulky water tanks and a noisy pump. The nobility is appreciated also fallen from the dust that powdered the stucco of the stairs, it obscures the lamps and bricks in my little flat coming off more frequently.

Outside the building there are shops, some of which, lately more often, change the owners of licenses and product categories, while the smallest of these sets with a banner proudly input, with a plate written in italics dark green on cream background; Fratelli Grimaldi - Tailoring since 1926.

Old Mr. Grimaldi I find every day sitting on a humble chair near the door, leaning on some cloth to sew and put one foot on a stool that serves as a banquet for the "tools" of the trade: skeins of thread, scissors, a piece of chalk , a thimble and other small objects. The other brother, I knew, died a few years ago and two others, a boy and a man in his forties help him get on with the job.

Mr. Grimaldi is a good person and I like to exchange a few words with him.

"How are you, Mr. Grimaldi? "I ask after greeting him." Well, but ... might be better, or ... probably will not ever get better than this! "I replied a bit twisted 'mouth.

" The crisis, right? "I ask the little' rhetoric and" No ... is not a crisis. Indeed, to be honest, I never blamed the crisis in this area. But take a seat. Take that chair and sit down. Here, near me! Chat ".

" You see! I have a store full of bags of clothing stores for a large part of the city. "He says." Well! No? "I ask knowing that it was in those envelopes is the origin of face to face Mr. Grimaldi." Yes, of course ... but you it is simple jobs to routine. To these I have to shorten some dress pants and shake, while those I have to change the buttons or any open slot. All works well, without interest, without joy. Did you know? you must also work to the delight not only for the money. In fact ... "and stops with the same face to face before.
" Indeed? "I ask to hear the reasoning. The old tailor, supports what he worked on his legs, takes off his glasses and remembering the times gone says: "Once they worked for little and that seemed a little much. We were all poor people and the tailor was used to hide the poverty. How many times have I "made" coats and jackets! and sometimes the inside was the most worn part of the surface! I also remember when, with Emily, my brother, we took some measures to make the wedding dress of the customer. Always with some half size bigger because, after the marriage, check the bacon. And that customer came back after a few years, because you had to do some other work, always in the same dress. Having to tell a customer that there was no help for her dress was how to report a bad diagnosis, prognosis. I also remember the faces of those mothers who brought their children new pants with holes on the knees in a fall during a football match. They waited in prayer our own decision in most cases very mild. But we were tailors and the workshop was our job. Then came the lords Marzotto, Lebole, Sanremo with their clothes on the assembly line. All the same, is modest in cut and in the quality of the fabrics but still we serve, we serve our thimbles to change any of the half-size or length. Today it is not so! The quality of the fabrics is very bad and the same clothes should fit only for a season or two at most. And then there are the new super-technological fabrics. They are called Hi Tech as Ceramide or Teflon or the Goratex. For me they are just plastic sewing impossible, difficult to adjust, ugly. Patience! "And shakes his head slowly how to conclude a speech Voilerie painful.

"Yeah Right!" I say come and immediately stopped "Today I give € 10 to shorten a pair of pants and 20 for a little work on a silk dress. earn well and I can not complain but you want to put ?..."

is not the same thing. It can not be the same. It can never be the same. Everything is changing and will change except that the

NAUSEA
:-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment